Tuesday, January 17, 2023

The Shovel

At the bottom of the Base Camp driveway is the left hand turn to Last Hurrah whenver it rains a decent amount it cuts a drop off in the turn. We've been getting some rain almost every day for the last week so I left a shovel down there for us and for people that might want to go out to Jackson Hole. I walked outside on the porch a few days ago to see if guests were showing up and I saw a gray Jeep truck at the drop off and it looked like they were at an angle. Not enough to tip over but to be uncomfortable. The driver got it and I yelled at him. "I'll be down in a minute to help you." I put my jacket on and grabbed by gloves. As I was getting in the truck I noticed the Jeep was gone. When I got down to the turn off it looked like they leaned a little but didn't have much trouble. As I was turning around I noticed the shovel was gone. I could see where the driver took one step towards it and where it pulled it out of the side of the road and took off with it.

No comments: