Friday, January 27, 2023

A Day

Jax and I are coming back from town, second time this year, and we run into Doug who use to own some of this property next door and still owns the one up on the hill above the lodge and the mud huts. A couple years ago he was willing to sell that hogan to me and we were going back and forth in the $600,000 and $800,000 when the property across the river sold for somewhere between six and eight million, I keep hearing a different story. I know he had showed the property to a couple guys a month or two ago. I ask him if he sold it. He said they offered him two million and he told them no.
The Hybrid fox showed up in the afternoon in bright sunlight and he waited for me to throw him a hot dog. I opened the door to throw him a couple and Jax blue right by me and chased him up the hill. The Hybrid was golden in color. Just beautiful. There he is jumping over Kobae's fence while running up the hill with a little dog one third of his size gaining on him.
A little while later, while I'm out in the parking lot jump starting three of the trucks, they haven't been started this year, I see three cows coming toward us on the Jackson Hole Road. Jax and I jump in the one truck (white) that's running and we head off to turn them around. We get within 100 feet of them and they're blocking the road. I open the door and Jax is gone. He's blowing up the hill right towards them. They take off running over the hill with Jax nipping at their ankles. I hike up to the top of the hill and right as I crest it Jax blast right by me with fear in his eyes and one of the cows is right behind him. I jump forward yelling and the cow turns around and retreats. Jax is down the hill sitting in the front seat of the truck.
We get back and there is an email reminding me just one month before it's time to pick up Kobae. As usual he's knocking things over while he's exploring. Jax and I better get some hiking in before we have to babysit.

No comments: