Sunday, August 28, 2022

Linny

We're talking on the phone and I say "I miss my best friend." Linny says "Me too." I say "Are you going to school or working at the moment?" She says "No." I say,"Ok, I'll come get you." She says "Ok." It rains crazy hard all night. In the morning my driveway is gone. Many places are destroyed and I spent lots of shovel hours clearing it. When the last guest has gotten out only to have to wait again while they are clearing Kane Creek. I get a couple hours sleep and head for San Diego. I'm so tired I have to keep pulling over to doze off. A normal 12 hour drive takes me 17 hours. I spend Monday night in San Diego and Tuesday morning Linny and I are on the road to Moab. Out in the desert somewhere there is a crash. The ambulence goes by but is not in a hurry on th way back which means there is a fatality and they have to call a coroner. Linny and I spend two hours not moving even one foot in traffic. This is what we saw.

No comments: