Thursday, May 13, 2021

Stuff

Got a call from someone about a movie. The garage next door which was a dining facility for The Canyonlands, an auto repair shop for Yamaha, and a detailing station for Jeep is full of all the stuff that got taken out of the rooms during a remodel, all the cardboard from the last six months, and boxes and boxes of Michelle stuff. I'd like to show it at it's best but they are suppose to be here this weekend. I get over there at 6am and burn for three hours. Finish up all the cardboard and Linda replaces me to get it cleaned up some. I get back, phone rings, movie people say they're sorry they weren't here at 9am today but how about tomorrow? I thought it was Saturday. They're are two spots in the road. The spot that use to be bad on the other side, 5th or 6th turn up was solved by the county bringing out a rock chipper but it's turning bad in a different way now with a rock step at the bottom and a one plus foot hole there and a big rock in the spot to go around it. All but three people have still made it and the county thinks maybe two more weeks and they'll be able to get out here. I ask the movie people what they're driving and they say a Mercedes SUV. I suggest something else but they don't think they'll have an issue.



Linda is holding down the fort and doing all the cleaning by herself. Daughter Heather and Linny's birthday (she's 18) are within four days of each other so Heather sent her a ticket to Disneyland and they are both there sometime this week so it's all Linda on cleaning. Everybody in Moab needs help but the unemployed don't want to quit being unemployed since with the added gov benefits they make more than they would if they were working. I think it was McDonalds a couple days ago I saw a sign said $18 an hour. Chris at Nations told me he could use four more tow truck drivers and another mechanic or two. I could use at least one more person and I'm in that same price range except you have no rent, eat all the food that get's left here, and I'm turning the bunk bed room into an apartment for someone to live here. Last, I haven't been able to determine what to do with the room on the back porch that use to have two singles in it and now it has a small bunk bed and a full. It's the room that rents the least so I'm going to put a queen or king in it and yank the bunk beds and full though I have no idea where I'll put them. Adults can't stretch out on the bunk bed like they did on the singles and the ladder goes straight up and down. I can't climb up it and the one adult that slept up there hit his head on the lowered ceiling when he woke up in the morning so I'm phasing it out. It looks nice but it's not functional. With it gone and the bunk bed closed it's the end of kids mostly unless parents buy an extra room with a king or queen in it. Kids are a lot of extra work. 
The snow pack is still melting at a consistent clip. No water rising and sinking. At the boat ramp still got to go straight between the sandbars to get in the river. Turning right or left at the bottom of the ramp get you into a little lagoon in each direction.

It's both good and bad. If the water never floods into the tamarisk then less places for mosquitoes to lay eggs. At the current rate it looks like the high water mark if there is one will be end of May or early June and then there's no more snow pack. That means the mosquito season will last about 10 to 14 days. That's nothing. But it also means the beach is going to stay on the other side of the river. I think I've had it 10 of the last 14 years. Oh yea. Another good thing is it means my side is too shallow for the Vikings or Pirates to try and steal the kayaks.What a relief.






No comments: