Thursday, July 9, 2020

Hiking and Some Stuff

Jax and I are doing a morning and an evening hike most every day. Nice to be active again. I had a doctor appointment and he had previously told me lose 30 pounds and diabetes is a thing of the past. I was getting there when Michelle took Jax and I never hiked on my own again cause I didn't want to go without my hiking buddy. Show of solidarity. Fortunately when I went to see him a couple days ago his computer crashed just as I walked in so he couldn't see what the charts were from my appointment four months earlier. I told him I finally quite eating at Burger King and he want to slap my hand congrats but I couldn't do it. I told him Burger King went out of business and they were closed. It wasn't a voluntary departure on my part.
It is the time of the season. Babies are being born. I've lost track of how many baby skunks, somewhere between three and six. I know I went through eight hot dogs with little skunk faces coming to the hole under the porch one after the other so not sure how many were repeats. Then on Tuesday night the first baby raccoons showed up. I haven't gotten many raccoons the last couple weeks and my prediction was because mamas were having babies and not yet ready to leave the dens.
I'm working on my refi of both places and sent in a loan ap and they wanted a narrative of what I've learned and changes I've made over the last 13 years. What an experience that was. Took me awhile but here's hoping.
I haven't kayaked once all year and I have a river that runs through the property. I keep thinking how busy I am but the moment Jax came back my priorities changed to make sure I hiked with him twice a day and I actually feel like I'm getting more done despite having two to four house per day less time. I dropped guests and Michelle off in town a couple days ago to kayak back from town, Jax got right in the kayak and they stopped on a lot of sand bars so took six or so hours to get back.
I think I quoted different numbers last time leaving out a month but with the Co-vid thing I was down $75,000 over the first five months of the calendar and fiscal year but got $18,000 of it back in June dropping it to $57,000 down and I've already passed July of last year. It's amazing how busy it's been. The main house at $425 per night has rented 35 of 40 nights. Chris left a few weeks ago and Tami has come up huge. Michelle has helped a few days and Linda who visited most of last week did the same both showing up at just the right time to pitch in.
Linda, Tami, and I are all taking turns feeding Kobae. You have to have the food ready to go right when he gets to the porch or he just runs over you. Got Linda's fingers one day and nicked mine a couple times.


No comments: