Wednesday, July 8, 2020

It's 3:45am Friday Morning

The week before mama had three baby skunks on the side of the west cistern and they've been living in there. Little dicey getting water out but not so much if you have a hot dog with you.

I'm sitting on the front porch watching the baby skunks get acquainted with life in the wild. There is a raccoon watching one of them and the baby gets nervous and sprays minor smells at random. Behind the skunks I can see lights coming down Hurrah Pass at 3:45 in the morning.

At 4am I walk inside the lodge living room and a vehicle pulls up, the door opens, the front screen door of the lodge opens, a small dog runs in, jumps up on the couch and begins licking my face. I hear Michelle's voice say "I'm going to go sleep in one of the hogans. Have fun." For the next 15 or so minutes Jax is so excited my face is almost licked off. In bed I awaken at 5am and see Jax staring at me, then again at 6am. No point trying to go back to sleep. Jax is ready to go hiking and so am I.










No comments: