Saturday, December 22, 2018

I Thought Wrong

Thursday night I set up walkies at strategic places on the hill to scare off the bobcat with my banshee howl. It was successful. I went back up at 1am or so to get my walkies and two of them were gone. I closed the post with what I thought was a joke of sorts saying I couldn't find two of the walkies hinting the bobcat stole them but thinking with daylight I'd find both of them.

I thought wrong.

I went back up Friday around noon and for a half hour or so I searched for the two missing walkie talkies and they aren't there. I did find a food bowl that something had carried up the hill. I found four sets of tracks, mine from Thursday, two sets of fox tracks, and the bobcat tracks. No humans. I don't see any tracks where either one of them were located or do I have any sort of explanation. They are just gone.




Last night, Friday night, five foxes, one raccoon, one ringtail, and one skunk came back to eat. One raccoon moved back under the lodge and I could hear two other stirrings under the lodge, the ringtail and the skunk I assume. The bobcat did not come back last night.

No comments: