Monday, February 29, 2016

What Happen?

The three month off season is over and I didn't do much. Got caught up in the animal drama under the lodge for three weeks, looked at some more properties to purchase even though I don't want a job, and hung here the last couple weeks getting ready for the "no left hand turns" season. Johnny moved out this morning and Sarah this afternoon. I saw her vehicle stay up on Hurrah for twenty minutes or so before it disappeared down the other side. I know how she feels. I hate to leave this place too. Tomorrow Michelle arrives and there's still a lot to do before the season starts on Thursday.

This evening though, it's quiet. Nobody at the beach or on the river, nobody up at the hogans, and just me and I guess I have a dog (Jax) at Base Camp. I just walked outside to let Jax take a leak before bed and the usual gray fox was across the driveway eating sunflower seeds at the Tiffany's feeding area. The craziest of the ringtails ran across the porch beams upside down, shot down the pole, snatched a hot dog from me, shot back up the pole, where he/she sits and complains for 15 minutes every night. I hear one of the skunks coming from underneath the lodge to below the front porch for it's food and the stars, I don't think I've ever seen them so bright.

Good night from the canyon lands.





1 comment: