Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Change is Coming

It's been a long time since I've laughed as hard as I did on multiple occasions this winter. Mike, Johnny, Sarah, and myself were quite a combination. I was the only sane one of course with the possible exception of multiple releases of ringtails in the dining room and carrying skunks through the lodge, but, what could go wrong? In my book Johnny was the star. He can tell a story. They're hardly ever true or when true hardly ever accurate but they are funny. Mike would sing to us and make up new words for the song to fit the situation. Sarah always had the look of how did she get herself into this? The critters and the combined thought process between us on how to solve keeping the skunks and ringtails from getting under the lodge was mostly hysterical. Despite, or perhaps because, of all of us put together plans, we failed. Mike flew back to Vermont today. Sarah has been seeking other work in Moab and departs Monday for other housing. Johnny interviewed today for a job in Moab and goes back again tomorrow and after the weekend he'll be moving to Moab also. On Monday night, with the exception of Jax I'll be staying in the lodge by myself for the first time in about two months. Not an average winter. It doesn't last long however as Michelle is finishing up business in Salt Lake and moves in on a permanent basis on Tuesday. Did I mention I have a girlfriend, I guess, and a dog too, and it's about time to go get Kobae? From left to right. Mike, Johnny, Sarah, myself, and Jax.

1 comment:

cyn said...

Wow. Life is interesting. Can't wait to see what happens next.