Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Another Phone Line

The boat ramp is about three miles up stream. On this day Jax and I have just about reached it except we're on our side of the river. We hiked a little further up the hill from the river on the way out and we're hanging a little closer to the cliff on the way back.
When I first move here 17 years ago I did grid searches learning as much as I could. A big find for me was a telephone line from the abandoned oil well to town and then later a telephone line from the oil well to the river. Had insulators in some places 100 years old. Sometimes when out in Jackson Hole exploring something will trip over one of the old phone lines somewhere out there and it makes a twang all up and down the line so you know something is out there with you but where is the mystery. On this day Jax and I find a phone line from the east side of the river going all the way down the cliff and I'd guess across the river to another active well which was on the west side of the river.
The days are magnificent. About two and a half months left of hiking before I return to get Kobae and the season starts. I'm going to take advantage of every one.

No comments: