Monday, October 3, 2022

Here's the Story

I lost my camera a week or two ago driving back and forth to town every day dropping off and driving wounded vehicles and returning with fixed ones, usually. It's somewhere in a vehicle but haven't found it yet. So got a new camera but can't figure out how to load it on my computer. So, because we've had a crazy two weeks and before we forget it all, which we are every day because something crazier happens the next day, I'm going to tell briefly what happen and then put a random picture in so it doesn't run the paragraph's together like Blogger does if you don't have a picture breaking up the paragraphs until I find the former camera or figure out the new one and put more pictures reflecting the story better.
Linny did four rescues, or mini rescues of sorts in four days. She did a big one today. It was herself. I took an injured motorcycle rider out with his bike in the back of the white truck and on the way saw another guy crash right in front of us and when we went to help him he crashed again, and then I noticed he had one leg and one artificial leg and realized I met him a long time ago when he base jumped and broke his leg but never knew it got amputated.
Teresa got trapped in town by the flood waters of Kane Creek and Linny picked up some guests there who waded through it and caught a ride to Base Camp. Linny then took Lydia to the bus station at 4am, got a flat tire and broke a leaf spring and Nations had to come put it all back together again.
A couple weeks ago during feeding of the gray foxes a large red fox walked up the drive way heading right towards Jax unaware that he was in charge. Jax not recognizing the long tall stranger chased him down the drive way. I told guest who witnesses it I hadn't seen a red fox on the property in probably ten years when that red fox and another came up the drive way again and I fed them hot dogs. Moments later two kit foxes came around the corner from the drive way. I hadn't seen one of those but once the whole time I've been here. Then last week the red and kit foxes quit showing up and a hybrid fox is visiting each night. It has kit fox ears and short patches of hair which makes you think kit fox, but, it has a black point on it's tail not like gray foxes who have a black stripe on their tails. It has some red hair but not black legs like red's have but black up to the ankles. So it's a kit, red, and gray all at once. Then last night it showed up just 20 feet off the side walk and stared into my eyes with the head lamp on. It has green eyes, like a mountain lion. I have no idea what we have but it always has Jax's attention.

No comments: