Friday, September 2, 2022

More Stuff

I've had disc golfers in the past crushed when the lost their favorite disc. Sometimes it was the disc they've had the longest or their lucky disc that they used when they needed a miracle. Then it's lost. It's like a friend been with you so long. You hope it's not suffering, unlike my original smart phone that took my miracle flip phones place. Dan J, from New Jersey told me about his and I told him I'd keep an eye out. That was earlier in the year. Then he emails me a few weeks ago and said it turned up at a course four hours from here. Somebody found it on the course at Base Camp, never called the number on it, then lost it again a couple hundred miles from here while playing a different course. Someone found it and called Dan. Then I get this email. "She made it home Tom!!! A little sun baked from being lost by two different guys on two different courses in two different states. But she is safely home and I am ecstatic!!! I am torn between the thought of retiring her to wall hanger status for the story that goes with it. But at same time due to the weathering it has been subjected to, it is beautifully seasoned and can become a weapon in my arsenal. SHE LIVES SO SHE FLIES!!!! Take care buddy"
Across the river a lot of activity. Somebody at the shooting range every day. Two planes that take off and land most every day. They've bulldozed the north end of the property along the riverbank and there are five containers labeled Pod 1, Pod 2, and the like. I don't know how they are going to deal with two months of mosquitoes and another month of potential flooding but it's not my problem.
Adding some more kayaks to the fleet. Probably at least half of them have been patched at one time or another. We use to take people to town and drop them off and a four hour kayak back. But it's hot for a couple more weeks and I can't get anybody to get up at 6am and drive to town before stores open and so forth to put people in the river before it gets hot. We quite doing it after Covid but if I charge some money for it that might get it going again to motivate somebody to get them a ride.

No comments: