Monday, March 30, 2020

Sheriff is Back

Lot of requests yesterday and today about reservations already made and those that want to make them. I haven't yet gotten a call back from the guy that wrote the regulation that San Juan County put out. Everyone else has a different interpretation so at the moment I don't have anything to tell them.

On Sunday I was loading wood for the Condo in the side by side and saw five people and a dog walking around Caveman Ranch across the river. I called the agent, who called the Sheriff's office and they got them. The guy said he grew up there 40 years ago and wanted to show his wife and daughters. When the Sheriff called to get my statement I ask him about the shut down and he said you can take people for two days so they can rest up as they are passing through but they can't go out and do stuff. They have to stay on the property. Well this property is pretty large so that's something to consider.

Health Department gave me a different version and Economic Development gave me a third version so I'm waiting for the guy that wrote the regulation to call.

Jim Ryan was in Vegas last week and I got an email from Brendan and Amy who did the horror movie and they said they were sending some cookies back and a The Canyonlands hat for Linny and another for I. I told them Jim would eat the cookies and sell the hats but Sunday afternoon he showed up with everything. I would have apologized but he still owes me about $5,000 for hot dogs and beer. When I first moved out here he use to rent out his dirt bikes and tell people to come by and I'd make em some hot dogs in the hot dog machine and give them beer. I told him to quit sending people out here. He said he knew I was lonely. I had to explain to him that I partially moved out here to get away from the crowds. I wasn't forced. Not like the government made me move out here.


At 8:38pm Sunday night the phone rings and it's Michelle. Says she's coming back but she's lost. Thinks she's on Hurrah Pass because she has reception but it's dark and she can't see the road very well. I head up Hurrah and call Dre on the walkie to tell him I'm going to look for Michelle and Jax. As I go over the top of Hurrah I call him again to tell him I'll call him when I find her. I drive over the top and see headlights over towards the cattle guard so ten seconds after telling him I'd call when I find her, I find her.

When we wake up Monday morning I check for emails and look out the office window to see rock squirrels all over the porch relaxing, looking for left over food from the raccoon bowl. I tiptoe over to the front door and the rock squirrel world quickly finds out that the Sheriff is back. For five minutes rock squirrels run in all directions. It was bedlam. One made a mistake later and hid in the side by side.

Jax and I got a little hike in up to Doug's hogan when we heard a saw up there but nobody was there when we got there and we found a little trail through the cliffs to come back down.





Not long after we got back Michelle said she wanted to go on a hike with Jax so we headed out towards the Wind Caves and back. I only saw two sets of tracks in the road when we hiked back. The town is truly shut down.
Heading over to the big garage to get Kobae some cucumbers, though I'd taken a picture of this winged art prior I hadn't noticed that Jesus is behind the wheel.


No comments: