Saturday, February 22, 2020

Some More Stuff: Something is Wrong

On Friday I let Dre use one of the Kymco's so he could go back to The Land and take care of some stuff he had to do. He dropped Jax and I off on the other side of Hurrah at the bottom and we hiked back up and then down our side back to the lodge. About five miles.


Each night there have been horrible raccoon fights on and under the front porch. Ringtail fights across the roof. Last night a small fox sat out in the parking lot and just cried and whimpered. It was so sad. Plus the two hot dogs I leave in the rafters have still been there in the morning even though I've seen the ringtails in the rafters. More disturbing under the porch where I feed the skunks Kit&Kaboodle and hot dogs I can see with my headlamp through the cracks that some of the hot dogs are still there and I'd swear last night I heard raccoons under the house.

The Interglactic Zoo with winds and Martian head people.
Brigham's Unit in the center of the picture.
Two trains up in the sky. Smokestacks missing on the one on the right from a lightning storm that struck it several years ago.
So I've cut a deal with a company filming a commercial out here. They took everything that wasn't already rented for a week and are paying a location fee as well. I thought Linny had a job there for a little while as a driver but it didn't work out.
I'm headed back to San Diego in a week or two to pick up Kobae but earlier this week Linda collapsed and has a still not quite for sure what the issue is medical issue and has been hospitalized since Monday or so. I only found out Wednesday as the email never showed up and I was trying to find somebody to watch the place but there was improvement of sorts on Thursday and made more progress today so I'll keep on my schedule to get Kobae before the end of the month.
Venus is so bright in the night sky. Maybe as bright as anything I've ever seen up there. Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn have returned but they're still behind Hurrah Pass and or the Anti-Cline by the time I go to bed but I expect they'll show up shortly.

I'm nervous about this rock. Each time I go up or down Hurrah there are some more pieces of it in the road on a really narrow section of the road that have fallen down from under it. It's protruding more every time I see it. Hard to know when it will come down but it will either completely block the road or take it out.
Driving over to Last Hurrah to get the last load of laundry tonight as I headed down the drive way the truck lights shown on the rocks just below the tee on 15 and there were bright red eyes reflecting back from the truck's lights and it was looking towards the lodge. They didn't blink or turn away. I have a coyote which I've only seen once or a wolf which I've never seen and never heard of anybody else seeing one around there but something is up there and it might explain why all the night people are nervous and leaving their meals mostly untouched. Might also explain the two nights of crying I've heard from foxes in the last week. In the morning Jax and I will do some tracking and find out what's out there.



No comments: