Thursday, January 30, 2020

Living in the Boonies: Different Perspective

Really wet the last month or so and I noticed grass under the tree yesterday. Reminded me.

One really hot summer when Linny and I were here nothing grew or even tried. I think we reached 118 one day and that winter we reached 18 below so over the course of the year 136 degree swing.

Linny slept most of the way to Salt Lake and when I stopped to get gas Linny got out to stretch, probably about five or six years old. She called me over by the sidewalk and said "Tom, look, grass." Later that same year we drove back up to a hockey game and checked into the hotel. We both walked around our room for a minute looking and I said "Linny, where do you think they keep the drinking water." Linny said "Maybe we can drink the water out of the sink?" After the game we walked over to Applebees and as we're walking through the parking lot, Linny stopped, staring at a Ford Fiesta. She looks at me and says "Ford makes cars?"All she'd ever seen was trucks. A month or two later Ford announced they weren't going to make cars anymore just SUVs and trucks. I don't know if they ever did.


No comments: