Monday, October 22, 2018

You Can Be Too Good At Your Job

I've only given Jax permission to chase rock squirrels that are by guest's vehicles and he's done an excellent job. I haven't even seen a rock squirrel in over a week. Still, I'll leave the front screen door open and watch Jax walk down the driveway four or five times a day and sniff all the cars and not finding any rock squirrels he'll lay down in the shade praying to dog Gods that a rock squirrel makes a run for it.

I've got to say Jax is a pretty smart dog. As his guarding vehicles in the parking lot duties have faded I've been giving Kobae about a ten minute head start and then asking Jax to find him and he's taking it seriously. If Kobae has left the porch twice during the day Jax will still sometimes take the older of the two trails but if not he is dead on finding Kobae in the first few minutes and picking up his trail. He use to look at me like "why do we want to find Kobae".


No comments: