Monday, October 29, 2018

The Creek Bed

On Thursday Jax and I did a short hike with Kobae dropping into the creek bed at the bottom of the hill and hiking out to the river next to the boat ramp. There I had to turn Kobae around before he got to the river because of the dark and then grayish color of the mud next to the boat ramp. If it's not quicksand it's the next closest thing and years ago he got in some and I barely got him out.

This creek bed now 50 feet wide is some spots and 15 feet deep I use to jump across when I moved here 12 plus years ago. It didn't change much for the first five or six years and then one year we had one of those once in 100 year storms, then we had four more of them in the next 15 days and it changed significantly. Just in this short section you can see where the sides have caved in and it continues to get wider and deeper.





No comments: