Friday, December 26, 2014

What?

Driving around what the cowboys refer to as the Hurrah Basin I can see where the AmeriCorp did a lot of good work sealing off places people had been going off the road. Most of the time they stuck their sign right in a creek bed so it will be gone first time their is a rain but, it is what it is. I'll see if I can fix some of them over the winter. Then on the way up Hurrah Pass I find a whole new road cut off the main trail with either a dozer or front end loader. At the end it looks like either a drilling site or a helo landing pad.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You may have a new oil well in your backyard. Just read an article in the Denver Post about the fracking wells going in around the Moab area.

Tom said...

Little early for that. They are just doing core drilling now so ok there it turns out. I talked to the cowboys and they said they did it. They say grazing rights gives them access to all the old roads that previously existed. They say there is a water source there and that was the purpose. I hiked down there and I don't see it but I'm still checking it out.