Saturday, April 1, 2023

The Fourth Finger

Teresa has hiked to the Fingers a few times and is now acquainting Jesse with some of the places we prefer at the lodge. We use to call it Three Fingers as there are three finger canyons. Then I was in a dispute with a Sharp-shinned hawk several years ago and followed him back to The Fingers and found he lived in an additional finger canyon I was unaware of so we hiked out to show her where it was.
This where the Sharp-shinned lived. We became semi friends. Despite the death and destruction he put on the song birds. I followed him home one day and spent the day throwing snowballs at him while he made dives and me and tried to drive me out. He didn't show up the next day at the lodge to try and take some of the songbirds. The day after that he brought me a gift. We met down by the well house and as I recall I petted him for a tad over seven minutes. Then he left never to return. We had an agreement. In time while looking for Kobae one day who had excaped I found my frienemy dead in one of the fingers with his feathers pulled out and some of them placed in the ground standing up. The ravens show no mercy.
The Fingers is where we also filmed some of The Canyonlands a horror movie that was filmed out here. Linny was a ghost and this is here in the makeup chair prior to ghosting. This is The Fingers.

No comments: