Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Stuff

It was just a month or two ago I was telling Lydia, Teresa, and Linny we should do laundry next door as the well at the lodge seems to be running a little slow. Years ago I ran out of water during a disc tournament one time as were doing all the laundry for the whole place over here. The we got two commercial washers and dryers set up next door and we're in pretty good shape now. However with all the rain of the last couple months, the most or second most I can remember over all the years it should be full now.
The driveway up to the lodge is holding up pretty well with few drop offs when the rains come through the the road leading to Last Hurrah on the north side of the property turns into a straight up and down drop off. Five guys showed up a few nights ago just after a hail storm and I told them I didn't know if I could get them next door but they wanted to try so we loaded up a bunch of shovels and spent an hour or so working on the road and got them over there.
Very tough night a few days ago. I've had a spate of people saying they were going to be here at a certain time and showing up three or four hours later. I went out and retrieved people on thie way here three or four nights in a row. Usually the got bad weather on the way here or they went by Mr and Mrs Google who have never been here. On this night a couple came in the door around midnight and I was teasing them with the Google joke when they ask me to come outside. They looked at me and said the reason they were late because their dog had a heart attack on Hurrah Pass and they kept messaging it trying to keep it alive and get it out of the vehicle for air. It passed. I suggested keeping their friend in their vehicle on this night and bringing it by in the morning. I took them out and showed them the wildlife vs wildlife cemetary that Linny and I made. We have a baby skunk that the raccoons killed, a fox Linny found on the road, three hawks the ravens have killed, a duck a hawk killed, the ringtail I found in the road one night and various other little people that have passed here. They dug the hole deep, put it in a bag, and put a pile of heavy roccks on it so it reamins undisturbed during it's time with us. As they dug the hole and lowered him down into it they were in tears and I was crying like a baby having to support myself leaning up against a side by side. I've said it before, dogs shouldn't die, they bring too much joy to people. I couldn't imagine what they were going through. The whole trip was to spend time with their dog. They left a day or two early and went home. I promised to keep an eye on it's grave and make sure it stays where it is. Lydia went out and put some pepper around it just to make sure there were no diggings going on.
Might need more than five shovels for this one to get next door.
No fixing the north side of the property road without a front end loader. Doug said he'd be out soon with a driver but hasn't happened yet. Hoping these storms are about over. We're way past the end of the normal rainy season.
Jas has a growth on his chest that was getting larger. I took him to the vet this morning. They weighed him and then carried him into a room and said he'll be ready for pick up at 4pm. I said "Excuse me." The lady said (it's surgery, he'll be ready at 4pm," I walked out the door without Jax. First time I've walked out of anything without Jax. I went through McDonalds and thought "I'll not be sharing anything on the way home and nobody is standing on my lap on the drive." I was lost the whole day. I'd hold the doors open, thought I heard him walking on the kitchen floor twice. He's got some stiches and going to take a while to heal. They went the growth off to see if it's cancerous but won't know for ten days or so. He's on his bed on the desk next to me resting. He's slept ever since he got back.

No comments: