Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Moab 240

Since it's inception a few years ago I have offered to be the aid station for the Moab 240 and the lodge is roughly the 30 mile mark for runners that still have 210 miles to go. Each year they set up out by the Base Camp sign. I emailed them a month or so ago and offered again to save them from bringing out grills, water, bathrooms, tables, chairs and on and on. Never heard from them, again.

Then I wake up Thursday morning to this email....

"Hi Tom,

WOW! This would be completely amazing. We would love to take you up on your offer. We have all the food and medical, but a grill, bathrooms, water would all be very generous of you. I apologize for not being in touch sooner - I had your email and misplaced it.

The aid station is open at these times:

Set up: 9:30am on 10/11 (Friday)
First runner expected: 11:30am on 10/11
Aid Station Cut Off is 8pm on 10/11 (13 hrs)"

I thought it was Saturday but Friday works so I get the tables and chairs left from the movie filming back in May and get everything set up. It works beautifully and I'm happy to host them.

140 something runners trying to do 240 miles. The entry fee was $1,000 I am told.

Kobae goes out and checks out the aid station, gets inspired, and we get in a little hike of our own.










No comments: