Thursday, September 20, 2018

My Heart is Broken

I've been dreading this day for a long time. Linny left to go back to Salt Lake for school and to prepare of her 15th birthday party. How amazing it has been having her here with just the two of us running the place and all the rescues off the property. I've owned a lot of things and had a lot of good folks work for and with me over the years but there was some real magic here. Like we read each other's minds. I shall miss her greatly.

Highway 6 from Price to Provo was closed because of fires so I had to drive 70 and then cut through to Scipio. Linny's mom met us there and saved me another three to four hours of round trip driving. I got an hour's sleep at Spotted Wolf viewpoint in The Maize and another hour in the Amasa Back parking lot. The stars were amazing.

Left at sunset and got back at sunrise.

No comments: