Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Tuesday: A Pretty Good Day

Jax and I hiked with guests in the morning from 6 to 8:30. Briefly went to the beach. Then with no check outs and only one check in I got to sleep for a couple hours and feel like for the first time in months I'm caught up on sleep. Only one vehicle pulled up the driveway in the morning lost, new record probably. In the afternoon some Brazilians pulled up wanting desperately to go to the river so I gave them directions to the beach. Shortly after a bunch more people pulled up wanting the same thing and I thought this is getting out of control so I told them no. Right then the Brazilians came up and thanked me for letting them use the beach so I was sort of stuck there and sent the new random people down to the beach. Kobae came out to eat and it lasted about 45 minutes. His weekly grocery bill is a bit over $125 now. Jax and I got a short hike in before dark after feeding the squirrels, chipmunks, and birds.
Guests came over from Last Hurrah and watched the raccoons, skunks, and foxes come to the porch to eat. Now all the people have gone to sleep and it's just a few raccoons, two baby skunks, and a couple of foxes left and one heck of a Milky Way lighting up the sky. A really good day.

No comments: