Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Some More Stuff

One fox showed up in four nights so that means the mountain lion is back or there's another one. She has never come down twice around the same period of time but she has this time. Jax and I explored the property looking for tracks, scat, and a high point in which to observe.



She's come back twice this fall after having just been here a couple weeks ago, and, she's got a cub with her. I was kind of hoping that she would die of old age and I'd have lots more deer and big horn but it looks like this tradition is going to go on for awhile.

This is an eerie picture from one of our hikes. Shadow of Jax on a closer rock than the rock my shadow is on. We're about the same shadow size.
Jax and I hike up on the cliffs to see if there is a way to kayak around the island but the river is looking about as low as I've ever seen it. I don't think we can get through.

On the way back from the cliffs Jax and I come across the new hogan Doug is building up on top. I ask him what he was going to do with it and he said have me rent it out for him. Sure, I don't have anything to do when the season starts.

No comments: