Sunday, May 1, 2016

Probably Never Again

I took Michelle and Jax on a journey to attempt to climb the high Anti-Cline trail to the Wind Caves. However in trying to take a short cut I would up back at the place I incurred my first hospital visit a few years ago. Jumping and landing on frozen dirt and chipping a bone in my rotator cuff. I was pretty sure I could have made it and gotten Michelle and Jax up it also but it's the Moenkopi and horrible stuff to hike in. If any of the key rocks broke, and they always do, we likely wouldn't have been able to get back down or perhaps up. The sleepless night after the fall, the nuclear explosion in my shoulder, the painful journey to the hospital, and my time in a sling during the healing all came into my thought process. Then, just as I was about to attempt to climb it anyway the insurance deductible flashed before my eyes and in an extremely rare instance of good hiking/climbing judgment, I passed.

1 comment:

cyn said...

Maturity and experience.