Thursday, January 28, 2016

Tracks

For the past three years after the first or second good snowfall a female mountain lion comes down from the top of the Anti-Cline through Dripping Springs. Walks by the Wind Caves, goes down to the river for a drink, walks down our driveway by the sign and makes a right into the canyon where holes 11 and 12 are on the disc golf course. For three straight years I have found the remains of a deer or big horn that she has taken. Most critters are creatures of habit. Two weeks ago Linny and I went and checked for tracks and found nothing. Today I found tracks for cattle, horse, cattle dogs, fox, deer, big horn, and yes she has returned. I did not find tracks to the river where she normally goes and I've found no signs that she has reached the property. Something is up.

No comments: