Thursday, August 20, 2015

Thursday

With first light I move to the living room where I can see out the front door to Tiffany's #1 and hear Tiffany's #3 behind me. It's always tough when young White-tailed antelope squirrels are getting broke in. Everyone is spooked by the last week of Sharp-shinned attacks and some of the new White-taileds are sounding the alarm when it's really just an Eurasian dove coming into the feeding ground. After a couple false alarms the offending squirrels are ignored from then on. As with the fable crying wolf too many times. When the heat came and the food disappeared it was the first Sharp-shinned free morning in quite awhile. I'm still on a reading frenzy so I read most of the day and watched the various watercraft come down the river from the back porch. Kobae came out about four and we made it about a quarter of the way up Hurrah before I had to turn him around with the approaching dark. A Hayduker showed up as did two campers. The haze from the fires out west is at it's worst.

No comments: