Thursday, November 30, 2023

Just Stuff

Took some work the beginning of this year to get a propane truck out here that came all the way down from Roosevelt Utah. Somehwere around 10 plus hours all said and done. This year they wanted $150 per hour on top of the gallon bill is I didnt have 2,000 gallones. Blackburn Propane out of Bicknell Utah, also a pretty good drive. came out with no delivery charge. They have some accounts in Moab so they were coming this way anyhow. Saved about $1,300.
I had a cancellation last week. The guy saw the weather forecast and it said rain and snow while he was here. I"m under the belief that the forecast is by zip code so Grand and San Juan counties have all sorts of varying elevation. I'm at 4,100 elevation. Hurrah is 4,800. The Anti-Cline is 5,400 elevation. The LaSal mountains are 10,000 plus. I told him I highly doubted we would get any show at 4,100 feet but he cancelle anyway. Since it was Thanksgiving weekend it re-rented and I refunded him in full as I didn't lose anything. As it turns out a little bit of snow got down to about 4,700 and more of a drizzle than rain.
I turned 71 this year. Been living here since I semi retired at 54. Each year I've mostly felt healthier than the year before. However last year I had a noticeable drop off in some things I use to climb with ease and this year it has continued deteriorating. I don't recall riding my trials bikes even once. I haven't even kayaked the river and it's about 200 feet away from my office. Mostly I just got wrapped up in lodge stuff and the time wasn't as available as usual. For this year the season has mostly ended and I'm caught up on many of the things that have been dragging on so Jax and I have been hiking every day and Teresa has gone with a twice. Five or six miles each day and not around the high school track. Over, under, and around stuff. So I'm hoping by Spring I'll know if it's just old age or lack of time to combat it. I'm nervous.

No comments: