Thursday, February 15, 2018

Jess and Monkey

On Wednesday it was kind of cold out but Jax and I were hiking out towards the Wind Caves and then back on the cliff road above the river. Just as we're going through the Base Camp gate we see a vehicle go by on the way towards Chicken Corner. We hike a little over the hill and I can see it turning around in the distance. I say "Are you lost?" She says "No, I lost my cat. I left him behind. When I got out to take a picture I think he took off and I just noticed that he was gone." I said "On this side of Hurrah?" She says "Yes." I say "Jax has a good nose and I'm a good tracker you want us to go with you?" She says "No. He's a good cat he'll stay there until I get back."

Jax and I continue you on our hike and just before we get ready to turn on to the Cliff trail she comes pulling up, with her cat, and her dog. She's a geologist from Australia and her name is Jess. We talk for a minute and I give her directions to the Wind Caves and Chicken Corner and tell her she's free to swing by later and give her direction to the lodge. Just before dark, Jess, Monkee, and I forgot the cat's name come to the lodge. I put them up in Linny's room and we enjoy the dog to dog to cat confused interaction. We laughed all night telling stories of being in the boonies. Michelle joined us off an on while decorating.

In the morning I take her out to Jackson Hole to see a place that Linda and I visited a couple weeks ago since it has the most widely varied geology in a small area. Finally during out hike Jax and Monkee decided they liked each other and while we looked at rocks we were constantly surrounded by this.

Jess, from Australia, with Jax and Monkee. Anyone that tours and hikes with their dog and cat, is alright with me.

1 comment:

cyn said...

Nice serendipity for all. Wonder what would happen with Kobae?