Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday Morning Toast

We're vacant. Nobody here but Dre and I. Dre thinks he's passing a kidney stone so he's gone next door to rest but he has a walkie. He said he's had this issue before. He doesn't have insurance of any kind so he's reluctant to go to the hospital. I think I'll go to town tomorrow and take him to the hospital to work out a payment plan though I have no income coming in now until this is done.
Some great emails last night and today from people wanting long term rentals and confirmation of upcoming bookings. Most have some reference to Punk Ass Weenies. I told them all I'd check with the Health Department tomorrow and get a clearer understanding of the situation and then let them know.
I just called the Moab Regional Hospital and told them I think Dre is passing a kidney stone and they said to bring him right in. I said "He ask me to let you know he doesn't have any money and he doesn't have any insurance before he came in." The lady said "We're a non profit hospital. Bring him in we might be able to get him some government help or a grant or the business office can help him out. We don't turn away anybody."

I almost had a hospital trip myself a couple days ago. I'm hand feeding Kobae a cucumber and when he took a bite juice squirted up in my eye and so I reached up to clear my eye and dropped the last little bit of the cucumber. When I looked down it was all in his mouth. The couple times he's nicked me have been extremely painful.

I'm thinking back to three or four years ago on 4th of July I think it was when I got hit by whatever it was and collapsed on the kitchen floor for so many hours and the two times I drifted off Kobae came and bit me on the arm, softly. Some people said Kobae was not letting me go under and now I realize they might have been right. He could have taken off part of my arm but it was just delicate enough to wake me up before I went into a coma. Geez, Kobae, thanks.


No comments: