Monday, March 30, 2020

San Juan County Update 7pm Monday

Over the weekend I had a guest cancel in reference to the San Juan County Health Department order which was news to me. I called them over the weekend and nobody answered. I called this morning and got sent to voice mail. I'm waiting.

I talked to Economic Development and they said I'm open but should only take guests that are here for essential travel. I mentioned that some people think there mental health is essential travel and she said that it's a tough one. Some people certainly believe that and essential travel is decreasing the odds of getting the virus and not much more remote than out here.

Yesterday I saw people walking around Caveman Ranch across the river and the Sheriff came out and talked to them, they said they grew up there, I ask if he knew about the health order and he said that they have been driving around all day to campsites kicking non residents out off of public land. He said they can come through for two days of rest and relaxation while they are traveling just to rest up but they can't go anywhere.

So, I'm waiting for the Health Department one way or the other after I've talked to them I'll get back to everyone that has emailed me in the last 48 hours for clarification. At the moment it seems like I'm open but suppose to only take people who are here for essential services. I told them I'm not going to interrogate people about that if they say they are I guess they are.

11:30am

Just spoke with one person at the Health Department who re-confirmed I am not closed down but he couldn't speak to what is essential services, what is somebody's health and well being (mental health), and he said there are exceptions but he'll have the guy that wrote the order call me. He's not sure when that will be. They're going around today talking to all the restaurants.

7pm

The guy that wrote the notice did not call me back. My interpretation so far is I'm not suppose to take guests unless they are from San Juan County which I don't think I've ever had one. I may take guest who are essential. That's a pretty loose definition. Essential to who. They said the county is kind of leaving it up to me. I hope to get a better definition tomorrow.

Tom

Tom

No comments: