Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Just the Usual

On Sunday evening Krysti and I took a drive around Jackson Hole and swung by the Twin Towers. A few days earlier we'd been standing on the front porch and a medium size dust devil came up the driveway, hesitated across the yard by Kobae's house and stared at me. I heard me say to Krysti though I didn't mean to, "I know her." Then she moved on over the hill toward the river and headed out toward Jackson Hole. Sunday night as we were heading out to Jackson Hole I was going to tell Krysti and show her why I know a dust devil personally but when we got within hiking distance from the road I decided not to. We just kept driving.

When Dre left Friday at 2pm with two of my trials bikes in the back and towing one of the Kymco side by sides with Tammy and Tawnya following he was going to drop the Base Camp stuff off in town and do some errands and then take Tawnya and Tammy to see The Land where he use to live. Linny and I called it Thunderdome but it's sort of turned into a hippie commune. Dre kept stopping and talking to people and finally Tawnya and Tammy went to The Land on their own. Said Dre didn't show up until late Friday night. Saturday around noon I called Mad Bro to tell them what work I wanted done and they had no idea what I was talking about. They hadn't seen the Kymco or the Scorpas. I text Dre to let him know that they closed at 1pm on Saturday but didn't get a response. He left me a message at 6pm Saturday saying he'd left the Scorpas around back of Mad Bro locked up with a bike lock and chain. I paid $6,000 each for them 12 years ago and they're still worth $5,000 each. Two dirt bikes were stolen in town last week. That's not going to work.
I kept calling Mad Bro and tried to find their home number while emailing them over and over but no luck. I couldn't go get them because Dre didn't come back with my truck. Sunday morning Lance came by who use to work at Last Hurrah when Doug owned it and I ask him if when he went back to town if he'd go get my bikes and haul them to his house and keep them until Mad Bro opened on Monday. Lance called me later to tell me as he was loading them on his trailer the owner of Mad Bro drove by saw him taking my bikes and pulled into ask questions. Eventually they got it worked out and took the bikes inside.
Tawnya and Tammy came back Saturday night and Dre Sunday afternoon. Dre couldn't explain why he hadn't gotten anything accomplished in the 50 hours he was gone other than drop the side by side off, with the trials bikes secured by a bike lock, and got a load of wood. That usually takes me three hours, or less. 
Dre said he did get something accomplished at The Land. A work crew coming over on Tuesday to mud the hogans. I mentioned the last two guys he brought over to mud the hogans were plotting to kill me and take my money, what money? He said while that was true he had talked them out of it. Second he figured I could probably take care of them by myself. Third he'd used better discretion this time. I told him I was headed to town to do the errands he never got done and he ask me if I'd swing by The Land and make sure the work crew was still coming over. The last couple times I've been to The Land, the women have been scantily clad and or topless. Sixty years later, Woodstock and the sixties have returned and wound up seven miles from Base Camp.
As I dragged the gate open at The Land, the hinges are broken so it's just attached by chains to the poles, a truck came out from The Land. I saw Dax who owns The Land. I ask if there was a work crew coming over tomorrow? He said he wouldn't make it but he gave me some girl's name (I forget) and said there were three women and at least one guy coming to help Dre. Then the girl by the same name got out of the truck to introduce herself with little clothing on and the little she had was transparent. Said she'd be at the lodge with the work crew in the morning.



No comments: