Thursday, April 23, 2020

As the Stomach Turns

I went to town on Monday and ask Dre to clean the garage and get mud for the hogans for his Tuesday mudding party. When I got back nothing had been done. Tuesday morning Chris came out from The Land to help Dre and he was the only one that showed up. Chris got in the truck with Dre to go get dirt and water and learn to mud. They dropped off one load and then never came back. Chris came back with Tammy and said they had to get away from Dre.

Dre came back by himself and accused me of lying to him about how many bikes were stolen in town and completely lost it. He wanted to fight a couple times, threatened to kill me twice, and later I found out he told Tammy and Chris earlier that he was going to kill me that very night. I called San Juan Sheriff and while we were waiting for their arrival it was touch and go all the time about what might happen next. As we were all trying to get him to leave he started calling the women names and I have to say Tawnya and Krysti just laid into him yelling at him to leave and finally it was the combined pressure that got him to leave. Instead of heading back to The Land he headed over to the boat house walking. My truck was missing. I decided it was best to round up all guests on the property and bring them to the lodge so we gave him a few minutes and then got the guests out of the Last Hurrah side and brought everyone to the porch while we waited for deputies. In time two deputies showed up, found him sleeping in the boat house, and took him away.

I left out a lot of what Dre did because frankly it's pretty sickening the things he said. He had it made. Cash in his pocket, his own place to sleep, a garage to work and create art, and mostly his own work hours. It's all gone.

After the deputies took Dre I said I guess we have a vacancy in the workforce. Chris stood up and I put him in a room. Today much of the work got done on the lower hogan mudding and I had Lance come out and fix the pipe from the river to the pond in about two hours. The two big projects that Dre had been working on for weeks.

On Wednesday Dax and a couple others from The Land came over to get Dre's stuff. We all did what we could to round up everything that might be his and around dark Dax drove off with every trace of Dre except his art. I ask him to pass along that Dre can have whatever art he wants back but somebody else has to come get it. I called my attorney and we're all getting protective orders. I hope it's over.

When we were rounding up guests to bring them to the lodge I found my truck.



No comments: