Friday, July 27, 2018

Thursday Bedlam

In the morning Jax and I hiked with guests.
Thursday afternoon one of the funnies things I've ever seen happened. I was sitting in the office working and Jax was sleeping on the couch next to me. I had the air conditioner turned off and a slight gap in the window next to it to get a little breeze coming in. A rock squirrel was snooping around on the bench just outside the window ledge, saw the crack open in the window and came inside. I didn't move. The rock squirrel jumped down onto my desk and then onto the couch where Jax woke up and Jax and the rock squirrel were eye to eye staring at each other about a foot a part. I think Jax thought he was having a dream as he just stared at it and then he realized he was awake. For the next 30 minutes it was bedlam in the office knocking over lamps, my computer, unplugging the internet and wifi, knocking down things off the shelf as the squirrel tried to go high to avoid Jax snapping at it. I had to pull out the couch and sleeping bags and all kinds of stuff when it would run behind them. Jax got a roll of toilet paper wrapped around him and it was unraveling as he was chasing the rock squirrel around the office. I finally caught it in a trash can and took it outside where Jax chased it under the porch. Jax was exhausted as was I. It took a half our or so to put the office back together.


No comments: