Tuesday, December 17, 2019

"No Legs"

Sunflower is gone from the beach. Channel is on my side this year. The beach will erode quickly and probably be gone by March. It goes back and forth.


I'm carrying the last kayak up the hill thinking how come they get heavier every year when I hear a voice say "No legs." That was scary.
It was my voice. How can I be thinking one thing and my mind says something else? There were no legs on the drag mark. No matter which way the cat dragged it's prey, usually by the neck, there would be legs dragging. There's something on the right side, maybe legs, but not like I've seen before. So my choices appear to be a critter without legs or water running across the road, without water. Hopefully I'll be able to take something out there and check it out a little more thoroughly without threat of dark dark. I'm not walking.


No comments: