Thursday, September 14, 2023

Hiking with Kobae

Kobae was heading down the driveway and I had my book, canteen, walkie and Jax. We're ready to go. Jesse is on the front porch and I say "Before the season is over you should go with Kobae on a hike at least once. Jesse gathers up some stuff and heads down the driveway with Kobae. He calls on the walkie and says they are headed up Hurrah Pass. He calls a little later and says so far nine people have stopped and ask the same questions. A few side by sides swing by the lodge and tell me they saw the tortoise going up Hurrah with Jesse. It's starting to get late and I haven't heard from Jesse so Jax and I get in a side by side to go check on them. We get all the way up Hurrah and don't see him but do run into some guests that are a little nervous about the road so I tell them to follow me down to the lodge. I call Jesse and ask where he is. "I don't know. Kobae went off the road and I've been trying to turn him around but he's being a jerk."
I don't see Jesse or Kobae on the way back down Hurrah either. As I pull up to the lodge followed by guests Jake says he'll go find them."About an hour and a half goes by and I call to see what's going on. They say they are almost back to the truck and a half hour after that they pull up. Jesse says "I hate him. I don't even want to talk about it."

No comments: