Friday, September 22, 2023

Again? So Soon? Twice?

Kobae has his own refrigerator next door at the big garage. He eats so much it's necessary. Jax and I are coming back on the side by side from getting Kobae food. There's a guy walking in front of us looking very injured. I stop, he gets in, "I think my ribs are broken. Rolled the side by side. I think my girlfriend is up ahead of us. I round the corner, stop, she gets in and we go up to the lodge. Guests are always curious when you leave with nobody and come back with somebodies, so they are gathering around. "Rolled the side by side. Need help getting it standing up again." Jesse take the side by side and Jax and I the truck. There is a difficult spot to get over and this way at least one of us will get to the side by side in case the other get high centered on the sideways tilt step on the way out. We both make it. Hook up tow straps an put his side by side right side up. This should let the gas and old drain back to where they are suppose to be and then they catch a ride back tomorrow and hopefull it starts. Two of the tires have come off the beads as well. I give him a ride back to the lodge.
We load up in the side by side and in the darkness I drive them back to the end of the pavement where their friends and vehicles are. As we cross over Hurrah Pass my female passenger says there's a guy on the side of the road. I look over and he's just built a tent and is crawling inside with a bicycle lying down next to the tent. Me: "You ok?" Him: "No." Me:"Want a ride to town?" Him: "No. I got nothing left. Can't move. I almost died I took the wrong trail down Lockhart Basin and barely ade it out." Me: "I'll be coming back thru at 8:15 am if you want a ride." Him: "Ok, bring me some water."
At 8am Jax and I are down the driveway in the truck. He's not on top of Hurrah when we get there but we find him not too far from the bottom of Hurrah. I pull up next to him and he says "Your offer for a ride to town still good?" I says "It is." He put his bike in the back and gets in the front seat. He says "I'm Gunner." I say "I'm Tom." He says "I wrote a book. You want a copy? I say "No. I'm good." He says "It's going to change the world." He says "You been out here a long time?" I say "I have." He says "I bet you've learned a lot." I say "It's true. I have." I take him to town and drop him off at the stop sign as I have to go left. He says "Just riding my bike until they find me. He says "Going to change the world. It's up to you and me, Einstein, and Oppenheimer." Then he hands me a tear off piece of paper with his web site on it. Says "My name is Gunner." A few hours later I've done all my errands and Jax and I pull into Village Market and there he is with his bike sitting in the shade. I say "What's up." He says "Do I know you?"Here's where you go to change the world. https://lifeasip.com/

No comments: