Thursday, July 23, 2020

More Different Stuff

Moab requires masks now to go inside anything so once a week on my errands I briefly have to join the rest of the world and wear a mask. I'm standing in Walker Hardware with a bunch of materials in my hands in the checkout line and my mask breaks and falls off my face to the floor. My hands are full. People are staring at me. Then the left lens of my sunglasses pops out and falls on the floor next to my mask. Hands are still full. As I'm moving up in the line I'm scooting my mask and sunglasses lens along the floor with my boot. I get to the check out counter and set everything down, reach down and pick up the mask and lens and shove them in my pocket. Nobody is smiling or anything, just staring.

I get to the post office and Steven from Riverside Plumbing is there who a year later I still tell everyone I see that he's a pussy for abandoning me under the house during the water shut off issue with all the skunks. He says a few months ago he ran into Chris and Tami driving my truck and told Chris to tell me "I'm a pussy." Chris told him "I can't do that." When Chris and Tami got back they did tell me some tall guy said to say I'm a pussy. So I told Steven I fired Chris for it. He looked heartbroken. I didn't but it was still fun to see the look on his face. I told Tami when I got back and she looked heartbroken that I told Steven that I fired Chris for it. She said "But then you told him the truth right?" I said "No." She said "Poor Steven he still thinks that." I said "So what, he left me under the house with all the skunks." She said "I feel bad for him."

I'm nervous about this spot in the road. Each time Jax and I hike up the road there's a little more loose dirt on the road below this bounder over hang which has never looked very stable. If it goes I don't know that there's a way to fix this without a lot of work. It will take out a huge chunk of the road.


No comments: