Thursday, July 23, 2020

Different Stuff

This is 13 years complete and into year 14 out here. I can hardly believe it. When you think you've seen it all you haven't. I remember that happening in an earlier stage quite a few years ago. After three or four years thinking I'd seen about all that could be seen and then having a couple month stretch of stuff happening making me realize not only had I not seen anything yet I didn't know anything, right when I thought I knew everything.

After a month plus of stifling heat, every day 98 to 104, we've gotten off and on rain or showers for the last two days and have five more days of it in the forecast, low 90s and high 80s. After each shower it's as if the Earth is renewed and it feels that way with all the babies. The tiniest of lizards and young skunks, raccoons, ringtails, deer, and big horn.

Even Kobae is getting weirder, hard to imagine.

Jax and I are hiking Hurrah on days when guests check out early so we can say good bye to them since they have to pass us to leave. 


We have to be done hiking by 8am as Jax has so much hair he's in a fur coat mostly and just too hot but his appt is coming and he'll be good to go at all hours of the day.


No comments: