Tuesday, February 19, 2019

All About Healing

For the last week Michelle has been working on broken projects. She likes to fix things that are broken and give them life and a place. It's very touching. I've been working on the booking sites and rechecking all bookings to make sure I didn't miss anybody. There are a lot of bookings. It's way up

Each weekend a few people show up to work on the second 18 hole disc golf course. The tournament is sold out but I'd be surprised if they turned down anybody that drove all the way out here. I've lost a few camping spots with the new fairways and baskets so I'm going to have to go out a couple days before the tournament and set up new camping sites. Day One will be 18 holes of the first course in the morning and 18 holes of the second course in the afternoon and then for Sunday Doug has made a Safari course of 20 holes out of the combination of the two courses.

For Jax and I it's about the healing. We hike'd 15 minutes the first day, 20 the second, and he can do about 35 minutes or so now. He still yelps a couple times a day if he forgets he's injured and runs or wants to play but it's getting better and I think it will be a complete recovery.

I saw a hawk this morning at the across the driveway feeding area. Two ravens came and landed, the hawk took off, and now all three feeding places are filled with birds singing and eating. I can't believe it.



The dead cow when I eventually found it again had lost about a 4th of it's mass and now it's down to about half. Every dead cow I've come across over the years has been broken through by a critter of some sort and the insides eaten, but not this one. The Golden Eagles took it's eyes the first few days and nothing else has been touched. There are fox tracks, coyote tracks, and bobcat tracks around it but nothing has been able to get through that tough hide. Over the last week the ravens have set up camp next to it and it's sort of a worship shrine of some sort with six to eight ravens watching it all the time.

No comments: