Thursday, November 30, 2023

Still More, Just Stuff

When Blackburn dropped off 1700 gallons last week I have a lot more left over at the north Last Hurrah side of the property than I did at the lodge. I can get propane in bulk under $2.50 a gallone while taking the small tanks to town cost around $4.50 per gallon. There are hoses, don't know their real name, but in the propane business they're call "cheaters". Where you can pump propane out of your large tanks into the small ones that are hooked up to Little and Big Buddy heaters. Thus saving about $2.00 per gallon. Currently in the little tanks that go in the rooms I'm going through about 30 gallons a week. The cheater hoses will save about $60 per week and leave a lot more room in the back of the truck saving money and a trip or two to town.
To increase revenue without raising prices I need more occupany and I am adding three more booking sites that I'll have my listings on.
Teresa made a trip to town today so Jax and I caught a ride up Hurrah and hiked back down.

No comments: