Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Some Things

I'm hiking around the 2nd course with a GPS measuring the heights for the tees and baskets. I get the elevations and put it on the scorecards for the relatively new course. Doug Smith got the distances but you need the height changes also. It might be 400 feet to the basket from the tee but it there's a 50 foot difference in elevation one way or the other it makes a difference on how they line up the throw. I had been down to the former sheep pen in probably a year or two. This use to be a five foot fence going around the pen until the floods came. Pinto, Thelma, and Louise hung out here and then they're babies. I let them roam and then the Wildlife Division came and saw me and said "You know what happen 23 years ago?" I said "Maybe. Can you narrow it down a little." He did. "Domestic sheep bred with big horn and the domestic had some kind of disease, which wasn't a disease to them, but it was to the big horn who all went blind and died." Nobody told me. So Pinto, Thelma, and Louise had to go, so no sheep now, domestic that is. The regular big horn are wandering around the property. I'm glad I went down to the former sheep pen as I was out of the really strong fence to put on Kobae's pen but found some there though it didn't come off very easy.
Hannah, trail name Sage, came by hiking the Hayduke.

Kobae has a gift of finding the most difficult places to climb to get in the shade. He appears to want to have a view lately.
I ask Village Market in town how I can get his food to last longer as it has a shelf life of about a week for romaine, cucumbers, and green peppers. They said they keep it between 37 and 42 degrees so I plugged one of the refrigerators left over from the movie in the big garage next door and set it up for 40 degrees and I'm getting 10 to 11 days out of his food now. Which should save me a bunch of trips to town this coming year. Kobae left early to go hiking and I have to go but didn't have time to go next door and get some romaine and the like to feed him when we got back but it turns out when he came out of the shade he hiked next door to the garage and right to the fridge.


A month or so ago while Jax and I were out looking for some disc that someone lost we ran across a fox watching us in the rocks. I noticed him because he was moving around. I wasn't really focused on him as disc hunting was what I was doing but both Erich and Andrea email me and said there were three fox in the picture. I don't have that picture anymore but I took the one off the blog and am putting it up again though I have no idea if it will turn up very well on the re-post but it's pretty obvious, except to me apparently, that there are three fox in the picture.


No comments: