Thursday, August 29, 2019

Thursday

Jax and I headed out thinking we were going to get an hour and a half hike in before the sun hit but then the cloud cover got thick so we just kept going and squeezed three hours into it.
We found a high spot to enjoy the view and for half an hour the three of us just set there watching the every changing shine and shadows. Jax, me, and the fly that sat next to us.





As we approached The Fingers I saw fresh deer tracks and heard a couple rocks roll down back in the canyons so we didn't enter. Jax doesn't mean any harm he's just so excited to have somebody to play with but they don't get it so it always winds up with the deer or big horn running and there's no point in putting them through that so we kept going.



I saw the familiar light blue boat coming up the river of Moab Jett. Hardest working people on the river and who I had the movie people use for shuttling people back and forth that had fear of heights over Hurrah Pass. There were plenty of them.
Caveman Ranch or Tangri-La is still vacant. I see a security guy driving around occasionally. They've gone from asking $8 million to $6.5 million. Still 5 million or so too high and it will take a quarter to half a million to get it habitable before you can go into business. I'm waiting.
The teepee is down up above. I saw the Special Forces guys up there recently that use to rent from me so I expect they've cut a deal with Doug to use his place for training and teaching.
Later in the day Kobae ate and then took off to the north to go hiking which is a no-no. Too much thicket and tamarisk. I'd lose him in there so we did our usual fight with me trying to turn him around and finally he got mad and headed back to the lodge.



No comments: