Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Kane Creek

Tuesday I went to town for wood, gas, groceries, and various things needed around the lodge. On the way in I saw a lady with hiking sticks and that means Hayduke or Discovery. With a decent amount of water in Kane Creek I'm hoping I can get back just before she gets there to give her a ride across and that's exactly how it turned out. As I'm coming back "Sage" is just getting to Kane Creek. I pull up in the truck and say "Usually when I see a woman hiking I pull up and say hi little girl, want some candy, but in your case I'm saying, if you don't want to drown, get in." I take Sage across Kane Creek and she gets out to continue her Hayduke hike. In the rear view mirror I see a side by side coming up behind me on the other side of the creek. I go back and drive across. They can't decide whether to chance it or not. I show them the only route across and say I'll wait for them on the other side so that if they do get stuck I'll tow strap them across and that's all the encouragement they needed. A few hours after I get back to the lodge Sage shows up.


No comments: