Thursday, March 7, 2019

Fences

I dislike fences. It's not natural. Unfortunately it's now necessary to prevent stupid people from going off the road and tearing things up. The property is mostly fenced now and it should help a lot. Time will tell.
It's 36 hours from the beginning of the disc golf tournament. Closed it out at 100 competitors. With family, spotters, and the curious I can't imagine less that 150 people here over the weekend. One more trip into town to pick up soft drinks, water, and beer for coolers spread around the course. It's kind of my favorite day at Village Market. They are always fascinated when I buy two cases of hot dogs, no buns, two cases of romaine, eight bags of Kit&Kaboodle and then about $50 worth of food for me. Tomorrow I'll add 300 waters, 300 soft drinks and 400 beers. That should entertain them.
It's warming up and more critters are showing up at night. There are six to eight raccoons now, six or seven fox, a few skunks, four deer last night, but I haven't seen any ringtails especially my friend who will take the first hot dog off the stick but after that he will turn them down unless you throw them to him. We're both getting pretty good at it. Four out of five times he'll catch the first hot dog I throw in his mouth.


No comments: