Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Ten Minute Rain

It rained until 10am and then cleared up. Kobae and I went for our first hike since the four day search and went north into the canyons. As we're hiking back I see a fast mover coming over from Dead Horse Point. Too late to make it to Base Camp so we head for the garage at Last Hurrah. Yes hate to get stuck there but that's exactly what I do. As soon as I wade in with the side by side the right side drops off and we're in deep mud. I leave the engine running to keep water from going up the tailpipe. Had to lift Kobae out and carry him to shore. It was just a matter of time before Kobae dived over the side and got swept to the river. After I got Kobae back in his house I saw another storm was coming and drove the truck back down to see if I could tow the side by side out. It took about an hour and a half. Otherwise I was thinking it would have been about Sunday probably before Doug's side by side got to Lake Powell.

No comments: