Saturday, September 6, 2014

In the Morning

We hiked back and got to the lodge about 7pm somewhere. Kobae didn't fight me one time coming back. He was ready to come home. In fact the place I have to pick him up, he walked over there and just stood by the ledge waiting. For the first time ever he wanted me to pick him up and put him down into the canyon. It saves us about half hour hiking back. He fell down twice hiking back and three times when I went to pet him he pulled his head in which he has never done before so probably something tried to get him in the evenings. Videos are loading but taking forever. It will be morning at best. I'm physically beat up and I've always felt like I could hike forever but my feet are sore, I'm torn up from the tamarisk on my arms and legs, and my thighs have been rubbed raw by all the different sets of pants I've gone through hiking the last three days. I just sat down at the desk and there must be 30 Diet Pepsi cans in my trash under the desk trying to stay awake the last few days. Emotionally I would wake each day knowing today I had a good chance of finding him but then when the day would end I would think it was hopeless there's so much area out here. I couldn't believe that Tuesday was our last walk. Anyhow, got to figure out how it happen so if I can climb out of bed in the morning I'm going to go to where I first found his tracks and back walk them to see if I can find where he slept the last few nights and figure out how he got off the Base Camp property without leaving tracks. It's not about me it's about Kobae, but, I can't believe how much I missed him and how emotional I was. Thanks for all the comments and emails and Heather tells me Facebook was on fire. Maybe I'll go there someday. Naa, probably not.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! Get some good rest. You need it.
Brian S.

Andrea said...

So glad he's home and safe!

Unknown said...

Wow, what an adventurous few days. So glad Kobae is home safe. That would have made for a great reality show. Everyone would have been tied to their TV's just hoping and waiting for Kobae's return, lol.