Saturday, September 6, 2014

Kobae is Missing (Day Four

I think Kobae turned hard left when he came out of his hole and headed for the river. Somewhere he went down and got in the tamarisk and he can't get back up the hill and has no idea where he is. He hasn't gone north or he would have crossed two creek beds and I hike them every day and there are no tracks. I don't have any indication he went east down the drive way or he would have hit the creek or road and there are no tracks. If he had gone south he would have had to go up the hill behind the hogans and there aren't any tracks up there that are accounted for. Towards the river is all that's left. I got into the tamarisk about 7am and it was a sweat box already. Found one place where something slid down the hill to get into the tamarisk and it was something Kobae would do but once it got into the tamarisk it ate a bunch of berries and then threw them up like it had been doing for a long time as there were lots of different throw ups and the berries were high enough in the bush that I don't think Kobae could have reached them. I found tracks big enough to be mountain lion but toenails are sticking out, dead fish that got caught in drying pools as the river went down. The bushes were so high I hiked all the way down to the end of the island area and couldn't even see my trail as they sprang right back up. Some nasty black bugs, millions of mosquitoes, and beaver trail down to the river. No sign of Kobae.

No comments: