Friday, May 10, 2024

The Life Before this One, Tampa

We stayed at the Hilton and ask people where the mixer of sorts was Tuesday evening. They said at Tropicana Field where the Rays play six or eight blocks away. As we'd run across soccer people on the way over I noticed a few things. I was about the only one with a hat on, only one with boots, and the only one with a canteen.
We got to the Rays stadium and they said the mixer was at the Hilton. Somebody calls somebody and a Uber guy shows up and takes us to the Hilton who says the mixer is across the street at the Tampa Bay Rowdies soccer stadium so we walk over there and run into Chuck the guy who's running the whole show and use to work for us at Let's Play. We walk into the stadium and I start looking for people I know not really expecting to find anyone. It's been 18 years since I worked inside Let's Play. I find several.

No comments: