Friday, May 10, 2024

The Life Before This One Called Me

Earlier this year I got a call from the life before this one. They ssaid I had been inducted into the Indoor Soccer Hall of Fame. I didn't know there was one. Would I come to the convention in Tampa and attend the ceremony? I emailed Heather and said look what I got. I don't really want to leave here. She said "Dad we're going to have so much fun." The flight from Moab, four hours late was on Contour Airlines, to Phoenix, where Heather would meet me for the rest of the journey. Contour said we'd me leaving at 7pm but we were still on the ground at 7pm. At some point we lifted off. As I was getting on the plane I saw this sign.
In the past when I parked at the airport but not for quite a few years, it always had said short term parking on one side of the sign and long term on the other side. This had me a little nervous. Scan, what the hell is that. A text will take me the whole flight. Heather knew I wouldn't do well in the real world so she had the whole trip planned out and she tried to speak my language. When I got off the flight in Phoenix, Heather called me and she didn't say go this gate or that one she said "Hike toward the sun." Then when we found each other she said "Follow me we got to catch our flight to Dallas."Then on the hike to the next gate she was calling people saying "I found him."In time we got to Tampa.
Heather rented a truck so I'd feel a little closer to home. Ir wasn't a Ford but once I spray painted Ford on it I felt better. Heather wanted to buy some food for our time here so we went to Trader Joe's which had a bunch of young employees running around appearing not to do anything. I couldn't find a single thing I recognized as food.

No comments: